In response to CDC guidelines and recommendations for COVID-19, Rumsey will be postponing all in-person training and events until further notice. If you have questions, please contact your Rumsey Sales Rep.
This course will introduce you to monitoring safety relays and input and output devices used to configure safety systems according to industry standards for functional safety of machinery
You will have the opportunity for hands-on experience with several of these components, which will help you to learn how they interact in safety systems.
After completing this course, you should be able to maintain and troubleshoot relay-based machine functional safety systems with the following devices:
• Monitoring Safety relays
• Operator interface devices (e-stop pushbutton and grip enabling switch)
• Electromechanical switches (interlock)
• Electronic switches (non-contact RFID interlock)
• Opto-electronic presence sensing devices (light curtain and safety sensor)
• Pressure sensing devices (safety mat)
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who maintain and troubleshoot electrical circuits or machine systems and need to learn more about how to apply their skills to relay-based machine functional safety systems should attend this course.