In response to CDC guidelines and recommendations for COVID-19, Rumsey will be postponing all in-person training and events until further notice. If you have questions, please contact your Rumsey Sales Rep.
This seminar series is specifically designed to teach by example and provide you tools, with the possibility of certification, to make better safety decisions for you and your company.
In this two-day training, students will learn how the current standards dictate the selection, assembly, installation, validation, and maintenance of safety devices and components to reduce hazards from machinery and ensure the safety of people and the environment. Practical examples will demonstrate possibilities regarding machine protection.
This training will also cover safety topics, such as: redundancy, testing, distance calculations, assigning required level of risk reduction as PL, monitoring moveable guard positions, and fault avoidance for relevant life cycle phases.
After completing this course, students should understand and be able to use ISO12100, IEC 60204-1 and other relevant machine functional safety standards.
At the end of the second day, students will take a 1-hour exam to receive the Functional Safety for Machinery Technician Certificate (TUV Rheinland).
• Understanding the Functional Safety for Machinery Technician Certification (TÜV Rheinland)
• Defining Legal Guidelines and Standards
• Defining Risk Analysis and Processes (ISO 12100:2010)
• Defining Basic Electrical Safety Principles (IEC 60204-1)
• Defining Basic Safety Principles
• Defining Machine Guarding Principles
• Identifying Safety Functions
• Identifying Safety Devices
• Identifying Circuits, Schematics, and Examples
• Defining New Standards Regarding Safety of Machinery
• Evaluating Machine Safety Using a Practical Example
• Exam (1 hour)
Prerequisites – SAF-TUV0T
** All Sessions in this series can stand alone based on your level of experience. **
All sales are final. No refunds or credits issued for missed class.