Human Resources Assistant
Rumsey is a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. Opportunities at Rumsey encompass a variety of skill sets and experience levels. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
• Stock ownership
• 401(k) with employer matching
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
We have an opening for a Human Resources Assistant reporting to the Human Resources Manager based out of our Conshohocken location. This individual will be responsible for handling day-to- day functions and providing support for the Human Resources Department, including Payroll.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assist HR department by completing tasks as assigned and managing checklists.
• Recruiting and staffing: post advertisements, coordinate/schedule interviews, create interview schedules, draft offer letters, conduct pre-employment screening, process new hire paperwork, prepare new hire orientation/training paperwork, schedule and document profile assessments, complete employment verifications.
• Benefits administration: prepare paperwork (e.g. FMLA, qualifying life events, personal leave), process and enter enrollments and changes, assist in logging and tracking Wellness Program participation and Open Enrollment responses, process bereavement and jury duty requests.
• Maintain personnel files, departmental filing, photocopying, scanning, and record retention.
• Reconcile and process departmental invoices.
• Answer and route incoming calls and mail.
• Assist with and/or back-up the payroll process.
• Complete weekly and monthly departmental tasks.
• Run ad hoc reports.
• Order and stock departmental supplies.
• Assist with documentation of employee relations issues.
• Back-up reception desk as needed.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field or commensurate Human Resources experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
• Ability to use office equipment (computer, fax machines, copy machines, etc.).
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Direct experience or familiarity with ADP Workforce Now.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rumsey.com.