RumseyElectric Rumsey Electric Company
Entry Level Inside Sales Representative
Industrial and OEM
Rumsey is a dynamic, employee-owned distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. Opportunities at Rumsey encompass a variety of skill sets and experience levels. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
• Stock ownership
• 401(k) with employer matching
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts
We have an opening for an Entry Level Inside Sales Representative reporting to the Vice President of Sales based out of our Bethlehem, PA location. This individual will be responsible for accurately quoting and processing customer orders and requirements, assisting customers with managing delivery expectations and product availability, freight expectations and dispute resolution.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Process telephone orders and bids, respond to incoming calls, faxes and e-mail messages from internal and external customers in a prompt manner.
• Maintain positive relationships with customers.
• Maintain and grow customer sales and gross profits to meet Company growth objectives.
• Enter orders into Eclipse business system and document all transactions in accordance with Company quality system and procedures.
• Use Company and vendor resources to provide excellent customer service.
• Initiate workable solutions for customer issues/problems and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
• Procure non-stock product to meet customer requirements following established policies and procedures.
• Stay current on new and evolving product offerings; utilize knowledge in selling activities.
• Keep outside sales and management informed of relevant open quotes and/or customer issues.
• Support Company marketing and sales promotions and campaigns.
• Accurately quote all pricing requests in a timely manner.
• Expedite orders when necessary.
• Attend department meetings and other Company meetings.
• Advise management of competitive products and prices.
• Proactively engage customer(s) to expand Company customer share.
• Make proactive sales calls as requested by sales management.
• Represent the Company at all times in a positive manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Maintain confidentiality.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field, or commensurate experience.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Detail oriented.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rumsey.com.