Website Relay and Power Systems
Relay & Power Systems
Relay & Power Systems (RPS) has an experienced core of engineers, designers, panel builders and technicians. RPS specializes in manufacturing auxiliary relays; custom relay, instrument and control panels; and provides technical services and turnkey solutions to utility and industrial customers.
RPS is a subsidiary of Rumsey Electric Company – a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
· Flexible work hours
· Stock ownership
· 401(k) with employer matching
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts
We have an opening for a Designer reporting to the Vice President and General Manager of RPS based out of our Conshohocken location. This individual will be responsible for performing electrical design services for projects under the direction of the project Engineer. This includes, but is not limited to, creating design-basis drawings (single line drawings, AC & DC schematics, Bills of Material (BOM) & construction details) and point-to-point wiring drawings associated with protective relaying panels, instrument & control panels and other equipment being installed in electric utility and industrial facilities.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
·Perform electrical design services for projects, including the creation of design-basis drawings and point-to-point wiring diagrams or the physical design of electrically associated equipment such as, but not limited to, Breakers and Disconnect Switches.
·Provide design & drafting estimates for projects being bid.
·Recommend design-related quality improvements and assist in the development and implementation of QA Design Control procedures/work instructions.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· 4 years of experience using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
· 4 years of electrical design experience in electric utility and industrial facilities.
· Ability to lead small tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to read electrical drawings.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Detail oriented.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to do limited travel and work extra hours as required.
· Ability to obtain typical security clearances that are often required in utility, transportation and government facilities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology or related field.
· Certified in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
· A working knowledge of Raster Design software.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. To apply online, complete our employment application.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rumsey.com.