Website Relay and Power Systems
Relay Panel Wiring/Assembler
Relay & Power Systems
Relay & Power Systems (RPS) has an experienced core of engineers, designers, panel builders and technicians. RPS specializes in manufacturing auxiliary relays; custom relay, instrument and control panels; and provides technical services and turnkey solutions to utility and industrial customers.
RPS is a subsidiary of Rumsey Electric Company – a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
· Flexible work hours
· Stock ownership
· 401(k) with employer matching
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts
We have an opening for a Relay Panel Wiring/Assembler reporting to the Production Manager based out of our Conshohocken location. This individual will be responsible for assembling and wiring non-energized, high-speed auxiliary relay panels in accordance with panel assembly & arrangement drawings and point-to-point wiring diagrams.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Read and interpret wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, and specifications to determine material requirements.
· Assemble and wire devices in accordance with work instructions, physical drawings, wiring diagrams and bill of materials.
· Achieve and maintain minimum productivity rate as defined by management.
· Use hand tools to drill, tap, crimp terminal lugs, cut and strip wire and install equipment with screwdrivers, wrenches and sockets.
· Confer with supervisor and engineers to review work activities and/or resolve production problems.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Experience assembling and wiring electrical panels.
· Ability to read and understand point-to-point wiring diagrams and wire lists.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Ability to adhere to a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required.
· Ability to work while sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
· Ability to handle and manipulate small components in an assembly process.
· Ability to travel to and occasionally work at customer sites.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Frequently lift/move up to 50 lbs.; occasionally lift/move up to 100 lbs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Working knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
· Basic skills in soldering and assembling electro-mechanical devices.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. To apply online, go to https://www.rumsey.com/online-employment-application/to complete our employment application.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rumsey.com.