Website Rumsey Electric Company
Industrial Controls Product Specialist
Sales – ASG
Bethlehem, PA or Marton, NJ
Rumsey is a dynamic, employee-owned electrical distribution company serving Eastern PA, NJ, DE and MD. In existence for over 100 years, Rumsey provides a competitive salary and benefits package, along with diverse opportunities for long term career development. Opportunities at Rumsey encompass a variety of skill sets and experience levels. The Rumsey team consists of over 250 employee owners that thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment. Rumsey just may be the company you’ve been looking for!
· Stock ownership
· 401(k) with employer matching
· Life and Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Company issued smartphone and laptop
We have an opening for an Industrial Controls Product Specialist reporting to the Power & Component Solutions Manager based out of our Bethlehem, PA or Marlton, NJ location. This individual will be responsible for marketing, selling and technically supporting the sales team and customers with respect to the Industrial Controls, Sensors, and Safety(IC/S/S) product line.
The essential functions are the tasks, duties and responsibilities that are critical to the job; the employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Analyze market conditions, develop an annual business plan and coordinate its implementation.
· Lead, motivate and support a distributor organization to proactively implement the business plan.
· Administer and implement marketing, promotion programs, and product launches from Allen Bradley and other core product businesses.
· Develop and implement strategies to attack competition and grow market penetration using marketing tools (i.e., Point of Sale, Direct Mail, local Tele-sales, CRM, etc.).
· Define and grow new markets for emerging product technologies.
· Lead and coordinate the sales teaming efforts (including Distributor Peers and Vendor Partners) required to identify and to close account conversion and project sales opportunities for assigned projects.
· Promote the value-add of the assigned products in competitive situations.
· Identify customer needs, propose solutions and close orders for assigned products.
· Train internal staff on the sales and commercial aspects of IC/S/S products, including features, benefits, applications, and markets.
· Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical and commercial competency in IC/S/S and complimentary product areas. (Travel Required)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Based, or appropriate experience.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.).
· Have core competency for the current technology as it relates to the IC/S/S products including mechanical aptitude for solving IC/S/S applications.
· Able to identify and demonstrate technology solutions for customer applications.
· Strong arbitration skills to effectively listen, communicate, and gain consensus.
· Strong presentation skills in a group and individual situations.
· Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· Experience with Eclipse.
· Experience with Rockwell Programming Tools.
· Experience with Rockwell Industrial Control products.
· Experience with Sensor and Mechanical Safety products.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, we encourage you to apply. To apply online, visit our website at https://www.rumsey.com/online-employment-application/ to complete our employment application.
Rumsey Electric Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under the applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.rumsey.com.