Effective Date: May 2020
In accordance with the General Terms & Conditions of Sales, the following return policy is in effect. Details of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found at Rumsey.com/TermsandConditions.
Rumsey stock material (which is defined as material that is flagged as “stock” in our business system at the time of a return request) and non-stock material (which is flagged as “non-stock”, “Obsolete”, “Deleted” or “Discontinued” in our business system at the time of a return request) can be returned for credit and may be subject to a restocking fee up to 100% based upon the criteria outlined herein and contingent upon Rumsey’s inspection and/or acceptance of the returned item.
Rumsey must issue authorization in writing to the Buyer prior to return for this policy to be in effect. We will require the following information from the Buyer: Original order number, original order date, specific items to be returned, and specific reason for return must be provided.
Condition of Returned Material
Material must be unused, in original packaging, and in sale-able condition. The returned material should meet all the conditions as outlined herein to be considered as eligible for return. Credit issued by Rumsey to the Buyer may be subject to a restocking fee up to 100% based upon inspection and/or acceptance of the returned material.
Rockwell Automation Product Returns
Stock Items: All non-custom, stock Rockwell items that have not been opened, where the factory seal has not been broken, can be returned for credit.
Non-Stock Items: All non-custom, non-stock Rockwell items that have not been opened, where the factory seal has been not broken can be returned but will be subject to a minimum 25% restock fee.
Ineligible for Return Items: All stock or non-stock Rockwell items that have been opened and or where the factory seal has been broken are not eligible for return. All custom or modified Rockwell products are not eligible for return.
Stock Material Return (excluding Rockwell items)
Restocking charge will apply per the following schedule for all items:
- Material returned within 30 days will have No Restock Fee
- Material returned within 31 to 120 days will have a 15% Restock Fee
- Material older than 120 days must be reviewed be Rumsey before return, please contact Rumsey or your Account Manager
Non-Stock and Special-Orders Material Return (excluding Rockwell items)
Non-stock and Special Ordered Material can only be returned if Rumsey has authorization from the manufacturer to return the item.
- The amount of restocking charges will be determined from the factory upon acceptance (minimum 25%).
- Credit for non-stock or Special-Order items will be issued after Rumsey has received credit from the vendor.
- Handling & restocking charge, plus all freight costs will be deducted from the credit.
The following conditions make an item ineligible for return:
- Items that do not meet the Condition of Returned Material guidelines herein cannot be returned
- Non-stock items (as of the date of the return request) after 60 days from delivery date cannot be returned
- Special Ordered material after 60 days from delivery date cannot be returned
- Custom Made-to-Order material or modified material cannot be returned
- Cut wire cannot be returned
Warranty and Defective Material
- Buyer must advise Rumsey of the nature of defect
- Credit will be issued based on the terms and warranty of the manufacturer. Some products are ‘Repair Only’ and/or ‘Exchange Only’ under warranty and may not be returned for credit.
- Rockwell Automation requires a New Product Satisfaction Return Authorization case number to be assigned to items that fail within a 24-hour period of electrical use. A NPSR case number can be obtained by calling Rockwell Automation at 440-646-3223. Once the authorization number is assigned Rumsey Electric can process the return authorization request.
Unauthorized Material Returns
- Any and all material that is returned without prior written authorization will be held and your Rumsey Electric Account Manager contacted for disposition.
- Product that does not meet the return criteria herein, and/or is not accepted by Rumsey for return will be returned to the Buyer at their expense.