Rumsey stock material (which is defined as material stocked within Rumsey's distribution center) and non-stock material can be returned for credit, and may be subject to a restocking fee based upon inspection/acceptance.
Rumsey must issue authorization in writing prior to return. Original order number, date and specific reason for return must be provided. Material must be unused, in original packaging, and in saleable condition.
No returns for cut wire or special-ordered material.
In accordance with Rockwell Automation’s Material Return Policy DM-128, any electronic device where the product seal has been broken, or any other device that Rockwell Automation deems necessary to retest, will be assessed a $100 per unit retest charge. Product with a net value of $100 or less will not be retested and will be returned to the customer.
- Restocking charge will apply per the following schedule:
- Material returned within 60 days will have No Restock Fee
- Material returned within 61 to 180 days 15% Restock Fee
- Material older than 180 days must be reviewed, please contact Rumsey
Non-Stock and Special Orders Material
- Nonstock Material can be returned as long as Rumsey has authorization from the factory to return. The amount of restocking charges will be determined from the factory upon acceptance (minimum 25%). Credit for non-stock items will be issued after Rumsey has received credit from the vendor. Handling & restocking charge, plus all freight costs will apply.
- The following items are non-returnable:
- Non-stock items after 60 days from delivery date
- Custom Made-to-Order Material
- Cut Wire
Warranty and Defective Material
- Customer or Salesperson must advise Rumsey Electric of the nature of defect
- Credit will be issued based on the terms and warranty of the manufacturer. Some products are ‘Repair Only’ and/or ‘Exchange Only’ under warranty and may not be returned for credit.
- Rockwell Automation requires a New Product Satisfaction Return Authorization case number to be assigned to items that fail within a 24-hour period of electrical use. A NPSR case number can be obtained by calling Rockwell Automation at 440-646-3223. Once the authorization number is assigned Rumsey Electric can process the return authorization request.
Any and all material that is returned without prior written authorization will be held and your Rumsey Electric Account Manager contacted for disposition. Product that has been modified or altered in any way and products for which no record of purchase can be provided are subject to be returned to the customer at their expense.